Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Flying at last



After a seemingly interminable wait, I got into the pilot's seat yesterday for the first time. The byzantine nature of licensing here has had me running around getting chest x-rays, taking a hearing test in a noisy doctor's office, submitting myriad forms, and collecting conflicting reports about the state of my paperwork. In the meantime, I've been busy helping out behind the scenes here at Flying Mission, helping to develop procedures for the flying of our aircraft, going through ground school and simulator courses, and lending a helping hand wherever it's needed around the office and around town.

But I really came here to fly airplanes, and - more to the point - to show compassion for and provide help to people who are hurting. God willing, my checkride will be tomorrow. After that, I'll be able to start flying operationally here, conducting air ambulance flights and missions flights for groups that work here in Botswana. I'm very much looking forward to posting the first pics of one of those flights here shortly.

Thanks for your continued prayers for us!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. yay! glad to see you are back in the saddle again. give the family a high five from us, and a slobbery wet kiss from dahlia.

    ReplyDelete