Monday, March 7, 2011

African Speed

Well, it's been a few weeks since my return from the beautiful USA - a whirlwind tour consisting of five or six gloriously busy days with family and friends in Seattle, and two weeks of eating, sleeping, and breathing 737 at Higher Power Aviation in Dallas.

I had hoped that we'd be farther down the road in terms of getting operational here. But the mark of an veteran of Africa - a title to which I suppose we Weiseths can begin to lay claim - is a moderation of temporal expectations. So. . . we are currently at the mercy of the powers that be, both in Botswana and South Africa, as we wait for papers to be signed, licenses to be validated, and manuals to be approved. In the meantime, I am dividing my time between pushing the paperwork forward and starting to fly air ambulance operations again.

No comments:

Post a Comment