Friday, June 10, 2011

Stasis?

As cooler temperatures set in here in the southern hemisphere, it would seem that hibernation is beginning in areas other than the animal kingdom. You may recall that I flew to the States in February in order to qualify as Captain on the B-737, with the hope that Flying Mission would initiate airline operations on behalf of Air Botswana soon thereafter.

Well, here's June. And no 737 has darkened the ramp at Sir Seretse Khama International Airport as of yet.

Why the delay? The reasons are myriad, and I am unfortunately not at liberty to discuss them in any detail. And the future looks pretty murky as well. But. We came to Africa as a result of a series of opening doors which I frankly would have called impossible a year earlier. Our time here has been both transformational and fulfilling, with a clear sense that the Lord has prepared a way for us all along.

Is this stasis? Emphatically no. Yes, I and a number of folks in Flying Mission Services are frustrated that we aren't yet flying jets. But there is more going on in the meantime, details of which I'll relate in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment