Saturday, January 30, 2010

4540

No, it's not Van Halen's latest album. It's the amount of dollars it costs to send a family of four from the Pacific Northwest to a place just shy of the Northwest's antipode. I can't recall the last time I saw a number that big on my credit card statement. It gives one a bit of pause, thinking about the amount of resources it takes to move that far.

In different circumstances I might rethink this undertaking, wondering if just donating that money to equip people already on the ground (to utilize one of the most overworked news phrases of this past decade) would be wiser. As it is, I am celebrating a clear sense of calling in this venture. So many things have fallen into place, and our hearts are so at peace with this move, that there can be little doubt for us as to the Lord's calling.

1 comment:

  1. Just remember, the bounty of spirit and love that you're bringing with you is priceless!

    ReplyDelete