Friday, January 8, 2010

Status Check

Thus begins my first official blog post. I would entreat anyone who has any blog-sense to kindly give me advice, harsh though it may be, on how to do this better. I am a blog neophyte of the first order.

Here is a bit of a status update: We are currently eying the 23rd or 24th of February for departure, and are hoping to spend four or five days visiting friends in the unreasonably frigid UK before we press on to balmier climes - namely, Gaborone, Botswana. Much remains to be done here in Tacoma before we depart, and I won't bore anyone with details. But if you've ever rented out a house, I would covet your input.

In the meantime, the energy builds! Caleb and Malena, while ecstatic about the adventure ahead, just had it sink in that going there means departing from here - and thus saying goodbye to grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends. If you think of it, pray for those little guys. This is a real opportunity to build and exercise faith that they are held in strong hands, even though the end of the known world for them is a mere seven weeks away.

I shan't blather on. . . peace to each of you.

3 comments:

  1. Hah! I am the first to comment...do I win a prize? Glad you guys are doing this. It will be fun the read about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad for the update....Don't get too busy to keep them coming!! --NC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog Weiseths! We look forward to reading more about your adventures to come. Hopefully the UK will have a little less snow in February than it does now, otherwise it will really be a challenge for you to pack! Take care, Jan and Ed

    ReplyDelete