Sunday, July 10, 2011

Caleb writes


This picture is me with a dead hornbill that my Dad ran over. I am chopping its head off so that I can use the beak for a necklace. My Dad ran over it while we were going to a lodge near Victoria Falls. When we went to Vic Falls, we went through all these points next to the falls so we could take pictures, and at the end we rode a zipline that was 500' in the air. We went on a sweet boat ride along the Chobe river, and saw many hippos, elephants, and crocodiles. During the whole trip we saw exactly 497 elephants. We got blockaded by elephants three times, and all three of those times we almost got killed. Before we got to Vic Falls, we went to to Makgadikgadi Pans, and we ate the ground which was salt. Since the pans are very flat, the water goes out a long way, but it's not deep the whole time - maybe up to your ankles. We saw many animals, including giraffe and a lioness and her cubs. It was a fun trip.

1 comment: